Racksterly was an online investment business whereby you deposit a given amount with them, then you are required to share their daily sponsored posts/Campaign adverts on your Facebook timeline. After 30 days, you get paid about 2 times what you invested. It seems pretty cool right? Well just be patient and read the whole story of my personal experience with them.
I was introduced to Racksterly by a friend, who had already made a great deal of money from it and was still earning from it. I found the business a legit way to earn some extra cash. At the time, there were various subscriptions, depending on how much one was ready to invest in it. The various plans are as follows;
- DEW plan: This is the cheapest of all the plans. In dew plan, you are required to pay $18 (which is equal to about #6500). After 30 days, you are paid about $35 ( which is about #12,500).
- DRIZZLE plan: Thus is the second cheapest plan. In drizzle plan, you are required to pay $25 (which us equal to about #9000). After 30 days, you are paid about $50 (equal to about #18,000).
- STORM plan: In storm plan, you are required to pay $45 ( about #16,000). After 30 days, you are paid $114 ( about #41,000).
- TYPHOON plan: This is actually the largest plan. In typhoon plan, you are required to pay $75 (about #27,000). After 30 days, you are paid $168 (about #60,000).
So those were the basic subscription plans. Apart from that, you also earn money from referring friends. Their referral bonuses are as follows;
- You earn $2.5 for referring 1 person.
- You earn $3 if you refer someone on the same day you subscribed.
- If you refer 3 friends in a month, you earn $10.
- If you refer 2 people on the same day your subscription ends, you earn $9.
- You earn $80 if you refer 20 people within a month.
- You earn $150 if you refer 50 people within a month.
- You also get the next month of subscription free if you refer 6 friends within 30 days.
So those were the main ways of earning on Racksterly.
Personally, I didn’t have the strength to be referring people, so I stuck to the normal sharing of daily sponsored posts. I actually subscribed to DRIZZLE plan. I was to be paid $50 (#18,000). I shared daily posts continuously without missing any day.
When I had shared sponsored posts for 22 days (8 days left to cash out), the CEO, on his Facebook page said that they had to discontinue the business due to lack of resources, sponsors( At the time, it was only Jumia and Konga). They then began refunding our original capital without adding a dime, so I got back the #9,000+ I invested. This news really upset many members. As a matter of fact, the refund didn’t get to everybody, hence the ‘unfortunate’ ones threatened to sue them, some even planned on consulting a local shrine.
Actually, Racksterly management said they were only winding down temporarily, but till now, there’s been no news of them reopening.
In all these misfortunes, a significant lesson can be drawn;
Online business, just like any other business, is a risky thing. Only invest what you can afford to lose, even if they’ve paid you before. Online business is not intended to make you rich, but to provide extra cash to back up what you were already earning.
Above all, let’s endeavour to carry out a couple of research before investing in any online business. I sincerely hope that someone has learnt something from this write up.